What is the PTA?
The PTA brings together parents and teachers who strive towards better education, communication and community involvement. Just being a member helps you and your child feel more connected at school. Parents, grandparents, teachers and any others that wish to help our children, school and community can join the PTA.
Why Should I Join?
Studies show that children do better in school when their parents are involved at the school. Joining the PTA gives you the opportunity to get to know your school better and brings like-minded parents together to better the education of our children.
What does the PTA do?
For the Children:
Art Class Enhancement Programs
Assemblies (Character, Drug Awareness, Music, Science, Theater)
Fifth Grade Celebration
Grade Level Parties
Grade Level Workshops
National PTA Reflections Program
5th Grade Celebration
For the Family:
Book Fairs (Fall and Spring)
Fifth Grade Recognition Ceremony
Science Fair / Science Enrichment
Grade Level Field Trips
Math and Science Night
School Beautification (landscaping)
Fulfill Teacher wish lists
Teacher Appreciation Week
When you join the PTA, you
- Get connected with other families and schools.
- Have the opportunity to volunteer and contribute to the welfare of all children, because children represent our future.
- PTA gives you the opportunity to not only impact your local community but to have input in major legislative and policy issues affecting children throughout the state.
- Membership gives you a voice. Exercise your right to vote. Get involved.
- Enjoy benefits and discounts on hotels, rental cars, amusement parks, etc. See www.txpta.orgfor a complete list.
The PTA welcomes and encourages everyone to volunteer – HOWEVER, joining the PTA does not obligate you to volunteer. We realize families are busy and know not everyone has extra time – but if you do and want to volunteer, please contact us. Visit our volunteer page to learn more.
- Monday, November 19
- Tuesday, November 20
- Wednesday, November 21
- Thursday, November 22
- Friday, November 23